The NEET UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Undergraduate) Answer Key is a document that contains the correct answers to the questions asked in the NEET UG examination. It is released by the conducting authority, which is the National Testing Agency (NTA) for NEET UG. The answer key allows candidates to cross-check their responses with the correct answers and calculate their estimated scores in the exam.
The NEET UG Answer Key is usually released in two formats: provisional and final. The provisional answer key is published first, allowing candidates to raise objections or challenge any incorrect answers. After reviewing the objections, the NTA releases the final answer key, which is considered authoritative and cannot be challenged further.
The answer key is a valuable resource for candidates as it enables them to assess their performance, predict their scores, and get an idea of their chances of qualifying for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in various colleges and universities across India.
The provisional answer key for NEET UG 2023 will soon be available for download on the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) at neet.nta.nic.in. Candidates who have participated in the NEET UG 2023 examination can access the provisional answer key from the official website once it is released.
How To Check
To check the provisional answer key for NEET UG 2023, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website, neet.nta.nic.in.
- Look for the “NEET UG 2023 Answer Key – Download” section on the homepage.
- Enter your NEET application number and password.
- The screen will display a PDF file containing the NEET UG 2023 answer key.
- Download the answer key and consider printing it for future reference.
Please note that the National Testing Agency (NTA) has introduced a revised policy for tie-breaking in the NEET UG exam. Application numbers now serve as determining factors. In case two or more candidates achieve the same score, the NTA will follow this new procedure for resolving the tie.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has implemented a revised policy for NEET UG 2023. Here are the key points:
- Preference will be given to candidates with higher marks/percentile scores in biology (botany and zoology).
- If the tie persists, candidates with higher marks/percentile scores in chemistry will be prioritized.
- Subsequently, candidates with higher marks/percentile scores in physics will be considered.
- If the tie remains unresolved, the candidate with a lower proportion of attempted incorrect answers and a higher proportion of attempted correct answers in all subjects will be given priority.
- Candidates with a lower proportion of attempted incorrect answers and a higher proportion of attempted correct answers specifically in biology (botany and zoology) will be preferred.
- If the tie remains unresolved, the candidate with a lower proportion of attempted incorrect answers and a higher proportion of attempted correct answers in chemistry will secure the rank.
- Lastly, candidates with a lower proportion of attempted incorrect answers and a higher proportion of attempted correct answers in physics will be considered.
The provisional NEET answer keys for NEET UG 2023 are expected to be released by NTA approximately one month after the test is conducted. The NEET 2023 exam for Manipur candidates will be held between June 3 and June 5. NTA will release the NEET answer keys for both exam dates, May 7 and June 3-5, together. Tentatively, the answer keys for NEET 2023 will be released in the fourth week of June.
Candidates can challenge the provisional NEET answer key by paying a fee. An expert panel will review the challenges or objections received, and the final answer keys will be deduced accordingly. Coaching institutes have already released the NEET answer keys and solutions for different codes. The exam took place on May 7, from 2 PM to 5:20 PM, and the NEET 2023 question papers are named E, F, G, and H. Candidates can find and download the NEET question papers and answer keys for 2023 and previous years on this page.