NEET Exam Day Guidelines 2023 have been provided by the NTA in the official information bulletin. To ensure a smooth and successful exam experience, candidates appearing for NEET 2023 are required to follow certain guidelines, instructions, and do’s and don’ts on the day of the exam. These guidelines are important for candidates to avoid any last-minute confusion and anxiety and to ensure that they perform to the best of their abilities.
As per NEET exam day guidelines 2023, candidates need to carry the admit card along with the passport size photograph and id proof to the test center. Download NEET Admit Card 2023
- It is mandatory to reach the test center before 1:30 PM as entry is strictly prohibited thereafter.
- Certain items are barred inside NEET exam center and candidates should therefore avoid carrying the same.
NEET Exam Day Guidelines 2023: Dress Code for Male and Female Candidates
With the number of registrations for NEET increasing every year, the exam is becoming more and more challenging. To maintain the sanctity and fairness of the exam, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has laid out strict guidelines for the dress code to be followed by candidates on the day of the NEET exam. Adhering to the dress code is mandatory, and any violation may result in disqualification from the exam. In this regard, it is important for all candidates to be aware of the NEET 2023 dress code guidelines before appearing for the exam.
- Male candidates should avoid full-sleeved shirts/T-shirts, clothes with pockets, zips, big buttons, layers, kurtas, and pajamas. They should wear simple pants/shirts and light slippers/sandals.
- Female candidates should keep it simple and avoid embroidery, frills, and layering. They should wear half-sleeved Kurtis/shirts without long and fancy sleeves of any design, and avoid all jewelry, boots, heels, stilettos, and shoes.
- Candidates with religious commitments may opt for “Customary dress” while filling out the application form and report at least one hour prior for proper security and frisking procedures.
Candidates are strictly advised to adhere to the dress code guidelines, or they may face serious repercussions on NEET exam day.
NEET Exam Day Guidelines 2023: Barred Items
Here are the prohibited items that candidates cannot bring inside the NEET exam hall:
- Stationery items like pens/pencils, erasers, sharpeners, geometry boxes, writing pads, calculators, log tables, etc. are not allowed.
- Electronic devices such as mobile phones, pen drives, scanners, Bluetooth devices, earphones, microphones, pagers, health bands, and related accessories are prohibited.
- Accessories like goggles, handbags, wallets, belts, caps, watches/wristwatches, cameras, bracelets, etc. are not permitted.
- Eatables such as open or packed food and water bottles are not allowed.
- The exam center is not responsible for the safekeeping of any of the candidate’s belongings.
- Candidates must arrive at their designated exam center by 1:30 pm.
- Only the NEET Admit card and a photograph will be allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates will need to have their finger impressions taken on the attendance sheet.
- Before the exam starts, candidates will be given 15 minutes to fill in their personal particulars in the exam booklet.
- Invigilators will announce the timing at the beginning, half-time, and towards the end of the exam.
- Candidates must sign the answer sheet twice – first at the beginning and then again after the exam concludes.
- The invigilator will provide candidates with a ballpoint pen for the exam.
- Candidates will have around 5 minutes to unseal the booklet, check the number of pages, and ensure the same code is mentioned in the test booklet as the answer sheet enclosed in the test booklet.
- Both sides of NEET OMR answer sheet must be filled in.
- Before leaving the exam hall, candidates must submit their OMR sheet to the invigilator.
NEET Exam Day Guidelines 2023 Dos and Don’ts
Here are the important dos and don’ts for NEET exam day 2023:
NEET Exam Day Dos
- Arrive at the allotted NEET UG exam center well before the reporting time
- Carry only the necessary documents like NEET admit card, ID proof, photograph, and required stationery
- Wear comfortable clothing adhering to the NEET dress code guidelines
- Read and follow all the instructions given in the exam hall
- Fill in all the required details in the OMR sheet carefully and accurately
- Keep a watch on the time and manage time effectively during the exam
- Stay calm and composed during the exam
- Seek help from the invigilator in case of any issues or confusion
- Follow all the COVID-19 safety protocols as mandated by the authorities
NEET Exam Day Don’ts
- Carry any electronic gadgets, calculators, study materials, notes, etc. inside the exam hall
- Wear any fancy, metallic or non-metallic jewelry or accessories
- Wear footwear like boots, shoes, stilettos, etc., that are not permitted as per the dress code guidelines
- Communicate with other candidates or indulge in any kind of malpractice
- Tamper with or damage any property in the exam hall
- Leave the exam hall without submitting the OMR sheet to the invigilator
- Panic or get stressed during the exam, which can affect your performance